In this country, there are an estimated 78.2 million dog owners and the car manufacturers have responded with innovative designs and features to make chauffeuring canine family members a lot more practical and convenient. Here are the top five vehicles for dogs and their owners, brought to you by the dog loving folks at 1stCertified Collision Center.
1. The 2014 GMC Arcadia contains more room for cargo behind the third row than competitors in its class. With split-bench seats that fold flat the Arcadia can adapt to either increased passengers or cargo. It’s great for medium to large size dogs as well as large bags of dog food. Canines enjoy and extra smooth ride with its fully independent suspension and all-wheel-drive mode which performs well on rough terrain. The excellent climate control ensures that all passengers are never too hot or cold.
2. The 2013 Volvo XC70 3.2, an all-wheel drive wagon performs well both in urban and country environments. It has lower loading height than a truck and larger than average rear windows for superior doggie gazing. The rear seats have a 40/20/40 split folding design which ensures a versatile combination for passenger seating, cargo or canine transport.
3. The 2015 Jeep Wrangler is a longtime favorite for the outdoor enthusiast who wants a little extra bang for their buck. Along with generous storage space this rugged ride has plenty of factory upgrades and options. Winches, tents and floodlights keep the adventuring practical and safe. Include a set of MOPAR “Slush Mats” and a cargo area tray which ensures upholstery protection from the mucky puppies in the rear.
4. The 2014 Honda Odyssey has been praised for its tri-zone automatic climate control; power-sliding side doors, power-opening tailgate, and a flat puppy play area that can be created when the third-row seats are folded into the floor.
5. The 2013 Honda Fit satisfies the adventurous driver who likes to explore but is not looking to go into the extreme wild and rugged outdoors. A leader amongst small hatchbacks, the Honda Fit offers a generous cargo space and a very comfortable ride and roomy “Magic Seat” in the rear which folds in multiple directions.
So, if you own one dog or an entire pack, think about one of these canine friendly vehicles. Because yes-dogs like chasing cars, but they also appreciate a little luxury too!